We sat down with the Austin sisters to talk about their weddings. They both held their weddings at the Francis Marion Hotel and although they are related, they each had their own style and wants for their big day! We talked reasons why they chose the hotel and any helpful hints they may have for brides that are in the midst of the wedding process. It was such a pleasure to have them both!
What was it about the Francis Marion Hotel that stood out from other venue’s that you toured?
I knew that I wanted somewhere with an indoor ceremony venue and I was leaning towards a hotel to make it easy for my guests. The Francis Marion had the perfect southern charm I was after in a beautiful location. Having a wonderful wedding coordinator on site to help was a game-changer.
What were some of your “must –haves” on your venue bucket list?
Indoor ceremony venue, being able to do the venue, food, bar, and hotel rooms all in one was a huge bonus
If you could describe your experience in one word, what would that be?
What was the most memorable part of your wedding day?
I was so sure I was going to cry the whole walk down to the ceremony. I kept telling my dad not to say anything to make me cry. When they opened the doors and I saw Dylan I was just instantly calm and I didn’t cry once!
What would be your advice to recently engaged brides or grooms looking to book a venue in Charleston?
Visit several places and make sure you know what you really want. Make sure you know your rough guest list size as well becomes lots of places don’t fit as many as you would think once everyone is seated.
1. What was it about the Francis Marion Hotel that stood out from other venue’s that you toured?
· The Francis Marion Hotel was not only just a beautiful venue in general, we were really looking for a hotel, so that our guests could stay overnight easily, so that we could get ready there, and it included a lot of extra things: catering, tables, chairs, willing to flip from ceremony to reception
2. What were some of your “must –haves” on your venue bucket list?
· Parking, included tables and chairs, photogenic indoor venue in case of rain, near an outdoor location for photos, responsiveness to my crazy questions, space to get ready before the wedding
3. If you could describe your experience in one word, what would that be?
4. What was the most memorable part of your wedding day?
· Wow that’s such a hard question haha probably when the doors opened during the ceremony and I got to see Adam for the first time. We hadn’t done a first look or anything so that was when it hit me that we were actually doing this. I was marrying my best friend.
5. What would be your advice to recently engaged brides or grooms looking to book a venue in Charleston?
· Definitely look for a venue with parking. That is such a big deal in Charleston. And indoors because with Charleston there is no way to predict the weather